Wednesday 21 September 2011

Introduction

Introduction
Welcome to my ENG 204 blog. I am Amanda Francis a student of the Sir Arthur Lewis community College, Division of Teacher Education and Educational Administration. For this semester we, the English students are enrolled in the course Integrating Literature in the Language classroom. This course I believe aims to provide teachers with a vivid understanding of the concept of writing in the classroom, and emphasizes on the link between reading and writing. In addition, this course takes into consideration the various strategies which can be used to improve students writing, by teaching at different levels and for different purposes.

I hope that you the readers enjoy reading my blog entries and gain a better understanding of teaching writing in the Language Arts classroom. I am looking forward for us to collaborate and share our ideas with each other. George Bernard Shaw (2007) posits “If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will each have one apple. But if you have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas”. With this I look forward to reading your blogs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment